Patch KIO::AccessManager

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Aug 19 10:44:04 BST 2009

On Monday 17 August 2009, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> You can reuse a slave, but since KIO::Slave is not public API, you can't do
> that.

It is public API, actually, for the "Connected" mode (e.g. kio_imap handling
by pre-akonadi kmail), but that's orthogonal to this discussion.

> Shouldn't all jobs be scheduled by default in KIO?

Yes I have the feeling they should (but Waldo added the additional API
during kde3 in a compatible way so existing code wouldn't change behavior)...
Andreas Hartmetz has worked on kio scheduling (unfinished work on limiting
the number of slaves per host, very much needed for ftp at least), he probably
knows more than us, whether "scheduling" all jobs would have any bad side
effects.