device-automounter moved to kdereview

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 18 01:28:15 BST 2009

Sven Burmeister wrote:
> About the former. How many computers that run KDE are real multi-user
> environments, i.e. two or more users logged in at the same time?

Mine is... especially if this would get run without the desktop running,
since I am almost always logged in as 'kde' (build account) as well as
my user, and have usually run some application as 'kde'.

On Monday 17 August 2009 08:29:09 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> You know this falls flat on it's face with session restore? I get
> plenty of 'folder not accessible' messages every time I log in...

This could (should?) be solved by saving the mount state at session save
and trying to restore it on session restore, orthogonally to automount.
And yes it /should/ store info about removable devices... if the device
is there, it should attempt to mount it. If it isn't, well then you're
no worse off than before.

--
Matthew
Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they