device-automounter moved to kdereview

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Aug 17 16:25:15 BST 2009

On Monday 17 August 2009 15:44:37 Dawit A. wrote:
> KDE does not
> make a distribution while most users get it through one of the many
> distributions. As such, these distributions alone control what should and
> should not be the default based on what constitutes a typical user for
> them. So the default IMO should be based upon on something else such as the
> safest thing to do or what fits properly with the goal of KDE.

Exactly, hence why I generally follow the "safe by default" heuristic. I want
default to not create potential issues, it's kind of advisory toward distros,
after that each distributor can provide the defaults it wants by overriding or
not our defaults.

That's also why I'm conservative on this one.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."