device-automounter moved to kdereview

Andrew Dorrell andrew.dorrell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:49:15 BST 2009

On Monday 17 August 2009 6:28:34 pm Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Which only tells me that I'm right. Servers have an admin, defaults are for
> home users. I still claim that most of those home computers are not used as
> real multi-user environments.

Sorry I have to chip in at this point.  IMHO *many* home computers are multi-
user systems.  I have 4 kids at home and not all of them have their own
computer (why should they?) - but they all have their own account on our
shared home computer.  And at any one time 2-3 of them are logged in.  Not
actively using it but logged in.

Currently this computer runs ubuntu and mounting of removable media is a
significant problem.  Most of the time it just doesn't work - crashing and
burning in a tangle of permissions issues.

Please don't ignore this use case.