RFC: A Qt-only library in kdesupport

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Wed Aug 12 22:35:55 BST 2009

Am Thursday 13 August 2009 00:01:50 schrieb Stephen Kelly:

> Many classes in kdelibs are extensions of functionality provided by Qt, but
> would be useful to any Qt using application

I don't like any attempt to further delay KDE adoption. Yes, there are many
problems with KDE, especially with deployment on non-Linux, but the more
reasons we give to developers for not using KDE, the less visibility KDE will
get.

My personal position only.

> I think I've read that libplasma is largely Qt only

find kdelibs/plasma -exec grep \#include\ [\<\"][kK] {} \; | sort | uniq

(output has 68 lines, have fun "porting" :)

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)