kio_sftp rewrite

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Aug 10 22:28:40 BST 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 04:12:00PM -0400, Michael Pyne wrote:
> Luckily it is also required even from C89 to perform no action in the
> event of a NULL pointer from what I can tell.

fun fun ...
man Xfree: "A NULL pointer cannot be passed to this function."
in reality, this function is just an elaborate alias for free() (though
i was unable to dig up history beyond 2003). it seems unlikely that
there ever was an x implementation where it was not, so the only logical
conclusion is that it refers to limitations of ancient free()
implementations.
so i suppose the X docs simply have to catch up with the last 20 years
of c standardization. not that i would be particularly surprised. :D
anyway, maybe i should simply stop inferring wisdom from x sources. :D