kio_sftp rewrite

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Aug 9 20:12:47 BST 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 04:17:07 Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 August 2009 15:39:07 Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > I have a patch of my current work for KDE 4.3. You can find it here:
> >
> > http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/1226/
>
> Hi,
>
> I have my KDE SVN account now. I could commit it but it would be nice if
> someone could look over it before I commit it.
>
> If you want to test it, install the kioslave and then call 'kdeinit4'.
>

> Cheers,
>
> 	-- andreas

Well if you have a screwed up ssh server that refuses connection like I do
right now, then kio_sftp with your changes SEGFAULTS and I think I know why...
There is a code that does the following in openConnection:

  sftp_session = sftp_new(ssh_session);
  if (sftp_session == NULL) {
    closeConnection();
    return;
  }

but unfortunately, closeConnection also does...

  sftp_free(sftp_session);
  sftp_session = NULL;

so if sftp_session is already NULL as in the above case, then the ioslave goes
down in flames. Once I get around to fixing my ssh server, I will test basic
functionality and let you know, but I think it should be fine to commit this
into the main tree on work on improving it from there, no ?