liboxygenhelper?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Aug 9 10:13:28 BST 2009

On 09.08.09 11:03:24, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Am Sonntag 09 August 2009 10:24:35 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Then please come up with a better solution to the problem. Do you want a
> > separate module that can contain such abi-unstable libs with public
> > headers?
>
> A separate module would start the next big discussion about module
> dependencies.

Why? I don't see why a kdeexperimentallibs placed right after kdelibs would
be a problem. We already have kdepimlibs and there are (AFAIK) also
mid-term plans for a kofficelibs module...

> Couldn't we just put unstable libraries to e.g.
> kdelibs/unstable/, with the explicit advice for packagers to group the headers
> for these unstable libraries in separate packages which are not required by
> any other package and therefore are only installed on explicit request of the
> user.

Thats exactly what David suggested and what Sune objected to.

Andreas

--
You'll be called to a post requiring ability in handling groups of people.