Require Soprano for kdelibs

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Thu Aug 6 21:24:15 BST 2009

Am Donnerstag 06 August 2009 22:14:09 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> not to scare anyone, but at Tokamak III later this month one of the topics
> will be about replacing virtual desktops as they are currently implemented
> with "window groups" (the same thing as virtual desktops if you use them
> the same way you use virtual desktops today, so it's not totally radical),
> coordinating those with Plasma activities (if you are running both Plasma
> and KWin, anyways) and then tying the whole thing into context that will be
> orchestrated via Nepomuk. the latter part will be the "most" optional part
> of this (as in "you can completely ignore it if you don't care about it"),
> but it's something that will be highly unique and special to KDE's
> workspace if we pull it off. and to make it rock, we'll need nepomuk
> working nicely for people otherwise they won't use it and the feature will
> be little more than a cool hack.

It's not scaring, but truly fascinating. With all the cool stuff that is
coming up in KDE land, I want KDE 4.4 right now!

Actually, it's quite funny: Virtual desktops have been picked up by Apple only
recently (compared to how long they were around on X window managers), and
Windows still doesn't offer it. Yet KDE's already thinking about the next big
iteration of it.

Greetings
Stefan