Require Soprano for kdelibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Aug 5 21:21:19 BST 2009

On Wednesday 05 August 2009, Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Currently Soprano is optional.  Without it, we don't build nepomuk in
> kdelibs.
>
> Can we make Soprano a hard requirement?

I could imagine how some developers might say "why should I need soprano if I
just want to run <some KDE application> on Windows ?"

IOW, it would increase the dependencies (bloat ?) when
running/distributing/deploying separate apps on Windows or OSX a bit.

Can you motivate the request a bit more ?

Alex