KCategorizedView BC

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Wed Aug 5 14:13:24 BST 2009

Hi all,

After having reviewed the issue reported that KCategorizedView is not BC
with the old version, I can just say that I haven't found any problems of
binary compatibility.

If someone else wants to have a look, I would be more than pleased.

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.

PS1: reordering virtual methods in KCategorizedView that are reimplemented
from QAbstractItemView/QListView is _not_ an issue. The vtable entries are
set up by the classes on the top, this is QAbstractItemView, what does not
affect the BC of KCategorizedView, since we are already accessing to entries
that are ordered in a binary compatible way.

PS2: I haven't tried to compile with the old KCategorizedView, for instance,
kdebase, recompile the new kdelibs and see if all works (a.k.a, a practical
BC check).

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.