KGlocalAccel and KNotify usage

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sat Aug 1 10:48:22 BST 2009

On Saturday 01 August 2009 01:23:00 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all...
>
> i just discovered, while tracking down why khotkeys has decided to start
> registering global accels every time a window is shown or hidden, that
> KGlobalAccel sends out a KNotify request every time a global accel is
> pressed.

That was a bug that should already be fixed. If not please send me you
khotkeysrc file.

> is this really useful or needed? the reason i ask is that this just adds
> more context switches (roundtripping between dbus, knotify4 and kded) and
> more processing for something that i can't figure out what the user benefit
> of is.

I find it useful. I need it to debug global shortcuts problems with users. The
notification is off by default btw. Aand sorry i think you are worrying about
a non issue. The message is issued whenever you press a global shortcut. I
don't know you usage patterns but if that makes something slow or so on your
system you must be a much faster typer, thinker whatever than me.

> is there any reason to keep this or can it be removed?

You could remove it but i don't see a reason why.

Mike