trunk

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 05:13:21 BST 2009

On 4/30/09, Darío Andrés <andresbajotierra at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now we should look what to do at bugs.kde.org. We used to have both
>> kcontrol
>> and systemsettings products. I am not sure if they can be merged. Many bug
>> reports are actually about the individual modules, not the kcontrol app
>> itself.
>>
>> Christoph Feck (kdepepo)
>>

> Hi. I'm managing part of bugzilla product/components.
> We took some decisions about this (previously to know the existence of
> this new "kcontrol4" implementation):
>
> KDE3 bugs should be on "kcontrol" product (or its internal modules).
> "kcontrol" product is locked now.
> KDE4 bugs should be on "systemsettings" product (or its internal modules).
>
> Now, when this project appeared, I thought about:
> - Leave the "general" component under SS for the "KDE4" default view
> (icon view, General/Advanced tab)
> - Adding a new "treeview" component under SS for the new implementated
> treeview ("kcontrol revival")
> - Use the internal "kcm_*" components for the modules themselves.
This sounds like a good idea to me.

> Also, if you are planning to introduce the "Report bug" function on
> SystemSettings you could use the module name to report under the
> "systemsettings" b.k.o product. (we still need to do some renaming so
> the module names and the components names under bugzilla match
> properly)
>
> Regards!
> Dario

Can you please make me the following address the assignee for all bugs
assigned to systemsettings/general systemsettings/treeview please? I
have just performed the move of KControl4 ( now System Settings ) to
kdebase.

Address: sourtooth+ssbugs at gmail.com

I already have a bugzilla account, but wish to use a seperate address
to track the bugs.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley.