KDirOperator/KFileItemDelegate? buglet

Carsten Pfeiffer pfeiffer at kde.org
Wed Apr 29 11:37:47 BST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 29. April 2009 schrieb Carsten Pfeiffer:

> Does anyone have an idea?

Some thoughts:

- KDirLister uses a KDirListerCache to share KFileItems between all KDirLister
instances
- Multiple KDirOperator instances thus probably operate on the same KFileItems
- Back in the KDE 3 days, KFileItem had a method setExtraData(void *key, void
*data) to be able to map view-specific information to every (shared)
KFileItem. E.g. every KFileView instances stored its specific QIconViewItem,
QListViewItem etc. in the KFileItem, with the view as the key.
- Now we have item views, and I suppose the KFileItems are still shared.
- Are QModelIndexes also shared? In that case,
  index.data(KDirModel::FileItemRole);
as used by e.g. KFileItemDelegate would not be view-specific anymore.

Could that be the reason or am I way off here? FWIW, other apps, e.g. Dolphin
should have similar problems then.

Cheers,
Carsten