trunk

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 06:12:09 BST 2009

On 4/28/09, Christoph Feck <christoph at maxiom.de> wrote:
> Am Monday 27 April 2009 12:48:55 schrieb Ben Cooksley:
>> Just a quick notice: KControl4 has now been renamed to System
>> Settings, and if no issues arise will be moved to kdebase/workspace to
>> replace the current system settings in 24 hours ( approx. )
>
> Hm, the window resizes and flickers on application startup. If you are using
> some "show early, work later" trick, you could at least read UI settings
> (size, tool bar etc), so that it doesn't flicker. Actual modules to fill the
> tree/category view can be loaded later.
I am using the "show early, finish loading later" trick. I have fixed
the issue now.

> When going back to overview still displays the last module selected. Maybe
> it
> is only me, but it looks irritating, because systemsettings has code to
> explicitely clear the selection.
I am going to ask on #kde-usability before committing, already
implemented on my localhost however. I have no objections to this.

> The actions are all in different toolbars, so if I want to change the tool
> bar
> icon size/text position, I have to do it multiple times.
Unfortunately, it isn't possible to hide individual elements of
toolbar, other than remove them, which will break the ordering of
toolbar items. Removing them also happens to delete them, meaning I
would have to rebuild all the toolbars when the view wanted to change
a single toolbar item.

If it is possible, then I can't see it. As a result I introduced
multiple toolbars.

> I didn't really test the tree view, as I got used to the new overview :) But
> these are things that I think should be worked on before systemsettings is
> killed.
>
> Ah, forgot one thing, that is the double margins around modules, I fixed it
> in
> trunk for icon view mode, but not for tree view mode. I haven't found the
> place it needs to be removed :)
I think I have fixed it now.

> Christoph Feck (kdepepo)

Ben Cooksley.