Languages KControl Module patch

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 05:07:27 BST 2009

On 4/27/09, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> A Dissabte, 25 d'abril de 2009, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Currently the Country/Region & Language KControl module only lists one
>> language in its "Add languages" list ( US English ).
>
> Stable release, 4.2.x branch or trunk?

Trunk, directly from SVN using kdesvn-build.

>> The attached
>> patch corrects this, ensuring that all installed languages with
>> translations for that module are available for adding. This also fixes
>> the automatic adding of the correct languages for a country/region.
>>
>> May I commit?
>
> No as the KControl module works for me correctly (stable 4.2.2 and somewhat
> uptodate branch and trunk)
>
> If you are using Ubuntu and are suffering the fact they decided to screw up
> .desktop files handling go and complain to them.

I use openSUSE, but install KDE directly from SVN. I have only ever
seen "US English" in the list, despite the fact I have British English
installed ( from svn also )

> If not, can you elaborate on what you do do test that languages do not
> appear
> on the button?

The only way I could find was to check to see if the module was
translated with KLocale::isApplicationTranslatedInto() but this
probably isn't the best way, but it does list all the languages I have
installed.

> Albert
>

>> Regards,
>> Ben Cooksley.

I think I may have found the actual problem though. The file which
makes entries appear is supplied alongside the translations in
l10n-kde4/<LANGCODE>/messages/entry.desktop but
isn't included in the CMakeLists.txt generated by the autogen.sh,
therefore wasn't installed when I performed my installation ( nor when
most people did it either ). A quick grep over the script confirms
this. Fixing this script would fix the problem.

Ben.