DrKonqi 2 moved to kdereview

Darío Andrés andresbajotierra at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 01:11:26 BST 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 April 2009 2:16:54 pm George Kiagiadakis wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> As you may (or may not) already know, Darío Andrés and I have been working on
>> an improved version of the KDE crash handler, drkonqi, in the past few months.
>> We consider it ready now, so I just moved it to kdereview to get through the
>> review process. This is almost a complete rewrite of drkonqi, so we figured it
>> was more appropriate to go to kdereview before moving back to trunk. You can
>> find it at trunk/kdereview/drkonqi2.
>>
> Played with it some today and it looks really good.

;)

> Feature request:
> when there is a file and a line number available in the bt, it would
> be real nice to be able to click on that line and have kate
> (or my favorite editor) started on that file+line

We can investigate about that, I guess that the source filename could
be parsed and launched (if it exists locally), I'm not sure if there
is an option to open on a certain line (using an agnostic "editor
launcher" (kate may not be available, kwrite should be, or another
one))

> Nit:
> the progress bar in the Developer Information tab seems too tall and a bit clunky.

There is no way to get the progress of the backtrace fetching so we
use the "dancing block" (min=0/max=0) progress bar. If you have some
other idea on how we could show "progress"/"busy state" please tell
us. About it being tall, I think this is style related (I actually
force its width to the minimum, but I'm not really sure about the
height.. it may be the default one...). I'm going to look at it.

> Feature request:
> remember window geometry so I don't have to resize it each time.
> I like a taller window then the default

I guess this should be easy to do.

> Nit:
> On the General tab, under Details, the executable name is printed in different font
> that looks a bit strange to me. probably because of semantic context.

Yes, this is because the "<command>" KUIT tag. Not sure what to do
about it ..., just , avoid it ?

> Nice tooltips

Thanks!. We need to explain all this process to new users that get a
crash so it has lots of help everywhere :)

> Great work guys, can't wait to see this as the new DrKonqi.
>
> Regards,
> Allen

Regards
Dario