KNotificationAreaItem

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Fri Apr 24 09:17:20 BST 2009

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> * secondary, if any, action to be taken
>
> How about tertiary and quaternary actions? I'm not thinking here of wheel
> events (which the spec supports by calling Wheel, but of those fancy mice
> with more than the 5 standard buttons.

Wheel events in the panel are evil IMHO because it's too easy to trigger
them by accident.

When my browser is maximized, I often wheel-scroll the page a bit, leave
the mouse to reach my glass of Coke, read a bit more, then put my hand
back on the mouse to wheel-scroll further.

If by doing so I inadvertently move the mouse a few centimeters, the
cursor may end up out of the window and over the taskbar. When I
wheel-scroll I get completely unexpected behavior: my browser window
goes away and is replaced by the next window in the taskbar... frustrating.

I know this is not a notif-area problem (please let's not debate this
here), I just wanted to mention it to avoid repeating this mistake.

Aurélien