[KControl4] (was: trunk)

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Wed Apr 15 11:07:21 BST 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 10:32:05 Mathias Soeken wrote:
> Hey Christoph,
>
> On Wednesday 15 April 2009 06:23:51 Christoph Feck wrote:
> > Am Tuesday 14 April 2009 10:48:21 schrieb Mathias Soeken:
> > > SVN commit 953524 by msoeken:
> > >
> > > This is our proposal for replace System Settings in KDE 4.3.
> >
> > [ But then a dialog pops up ]
> >
> > "The KDE Control Center was unable to find any views, and hence has
> > nothing to display."
> >
> > And I get an empty window (only tool bar)
>
> you have to install the application first, so that the plugins (view modes)
> can be found.

I had to run kbuildsycoca4 to get the kcms listed.

Is there any reason why you switched the order of Default and Reset buttons in
comparison to systemsettings?
Also the search is slightly different, I think I like the left aligned in
systemsetting a little more. There is enough space in the toolbar to add a
label next to it.

I just had a quick look and it seems to work quite well otherwise.

Frederik