DrKonqi 2 moved to kdereview

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 23:20:27 BST 2009

2009/4/15 Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org>:
> On Tuesday 14 April 2009 20:16:54 George Kiagiadakis wrote:
>> * It rates the backtrace and advises the user to install debugging symbols
>> if required and doesn't allow him to report useless backtraces.
>
> Also supports systems without gdb, where backtrace() is actually a very useful
> libc function?
>
> It's not that critical, as I suppose the exec() of gdb can always be replaced
> by an exec() of pstack(1). But from a portability and extensibility point of
> view it might be helpful.

Currently the backtrace parser only supports backtraces from gdb, but the
api is designed in such a way so that one could easily add a parser for
other kind of backtraces. There is a parser interface that has two backends,
one for gdb and a dummy one. If you try to edit the config file and specify
another debugger (that was also possible before), drkonqi will use the
dummy parser and provide a pre-defined rating.