Review Request: allow PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR be set from cmake's command line

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Sat Apr 11 22:35:06 BST 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 09:46:30PM +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Marcos Dione wrote:
> >    we could make the first the default, making the work of packagers
> >easier, and enabling the second with something like
> >-DPYTHON_LIBS_WITH_KDE_LIBS. or we could make the second the default,
> >more obvious for those setting the CMAKE_PREFIX_DIR and specting it to
> >be honored by the whole install process, and enabling the fisrt with
> >-DPYTHON_LIBS_IN_PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES. and the third as told. all this
> >with the proper doc somewhere in kdelibs, kdebase and kdebindings; the
> >latter two the only (as of today) affected modules.
>
> Please do that without modifying FindPythonLibraries.cmake. You can choose
> a different name for the variable instead of reusing the one from the
> script.

    I've been suggested to move the discussion to kde-buildsystem, but I
understand that changing kdelibs should not be taken lightly. I think
you're telling me this so we don't break backwards compatibility. is
that so? if so, we can use the second version, wich leaves the default
behaviour as the current one.

--
(Not so) Random fortune:
merging with svn seems to always be an "Oh good Lord! We have to MERGE!" event