Shortcut Scheme support

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sun Sep 28 02:09:39 BST 2008

Ok. I did some research and the reason is what we all knew or should have
known from reading KActions documentation.

When calling "(QAction*)qaction->setShortcut()" kde's code doesn't get the
chance to remember the default shortcut. Which means the code worked before
apakus change. But only by chance.

In okular for example the "browse tool" setup using a qaction* had the
shortcut 'ctrl+1' but as a custom shortcut. No default shortcut there. Working
but wrong behaviour.

The "zoom tool" using kaction* had the "ctrl+2" shortcut as a default
shortcut. The desired behaviour

So the code using QAction::setShortcut worked before the shortcut scheme but
not the way people expected. And i would consider it a bug if a program sets
custom shortcuts instead of default shortcut. But noone noticed.

Mike

--
Michael Jansen

http://www.michael-jansen.biz