Any devs willing to maintain KnowIt?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 18:36:37 BST 2008

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 September 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 23.09.08 10:45:46, Jordi Polo wrote:
>> > I think basket (http://basket.kde.org/) does everything knowit does and
>> > more.
>>
>> Yes, thats my problem with it. I only need 25% of knowits features, so I
>
> and for that audience, there's also kjots .. which a well functioning KDE4
> port, integrates with kontact, does rich text, multi-depth tree (something
> knowit had that kjots didn't originally), easy d'n'd in the tree, html
> overviews and exports, links, html and plain text export, printing, search
> in the current or all pages, lists (including autolists), autosave ...
>
> it could certainly be improved upon here and there, but it's a wicked
> little application, it ships in kdepim these days and works well already.
>
> so if aren't wedded to knowit and don't have the time to support a full-on
> port and maintenance effort, perhaps you could put your time into kjots.

Hi, if anyone is interested in helping with kjots development, I've just put
a plan on techbase of things I want to get done for 4.2. There's distinct
items of work for people to work on.

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/KJots

Also, if KJots is missing any features you want, let me know or file a
wishlist item and I'll get around to it.

Cheers,

Steve.