qt-copy broken

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Thu Sep 25 01:46:19 BST 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > > going to sleep, I'll write back tomorrow with the results.
> >
> > Its Patch 0250 thats causing the problem. Its supposed to be used on
> > win32 only, but apparently has some side-effects. Christian Ehrlicher is
> > aware of it, but I guess he wouldn't mind some help from a Perl expert
> >
> > :)
>
> Yes - I really don't understand why this patch should break linux
> compile...

Well the kdesvn-build run didn't install the header.  However I don't think
this is due to kdesvn-build.  I forgot to add --no-svn so qt-copy was updated
to 4.4.2 (it was still 4.4.1 before).

There are way more missing headers than just QtGlobal.  The differences
between the builddir/src/corelib/Makefile for 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 is 1800 lines or
so.  I'm not entirely sure that patches were applied when I did the 4.4.1 run
so I'll de-apply patches and try 4.4.2 again.

I will also note that I don't see any obvious flaws with patch 0250 that would
cause this behavior.  syncqt can be run manually in a pretend mode though so
perhaps doing that would be instructive.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne