Any devs willing to maintain KnowIt?

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at gmx.de
Sat Sep 20 20:35:15 BST 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 09 July 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> I'm using it too and if I can't find an alternative that works well
> under KDE4, once I switch to KDE4, I'll probably port it myself. Thats
> not the same as maintainership though, I don't have time for that, I'd
> just make it work in KDE4 as it works now for what I need.

I did just that and started to port today's CVS snapshot of knowit to KDE4,
find the initial port at

svn://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/~osterfeld/knowit4

(will move it to playground when okayed by MichaƂ)

It's not finished, I just made it compile and not crash at startup. The
mainwindow comes up and it loaded my .kno file without problems. Some code is
known to be not ported, I disabled those sections using #ifdef
KDE4PORT_TEMPORARILY_DISABLED <code> #endif.

Feel free to test and contribute. As for Andreas, I don't have the time to
maintain the application, I probably will just do a basic port to make it
work for me, on Linux and OS X.

Frank