Highlight mountpoints with an (un)mount icon

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Sep 19 23:03:54 BST 2008

On Wednesday 17 September 2008, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Monday 15 September 2008 15:28:32 Gerold Jens Wucherpfennig wrote:
> > THIS WILL HAVE TO BE DONE...
> > 1.The files /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab should be monitored for changes
>
> 1. An operating-system-dependent list of files with operating-system-dependent
> formatting and interpretation should be monitored for changes.
>
> If you're going to do this, then it's important to start with the design ready
> for all of the platforms that KDE4 runs on.

All this parsing code is in KMountPoint already.

I agree with Coolo, we don't want 10 kio_file instances monitoring the mountpoints.
Better do this as part of the mimetype checking, if at all (KMimeType::findByUrl
for instance, which is called by kfileitem during mimetype resolution).

PS: Gerold, no shouting (all-caps) please.