File dialog layout

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Mon Sep 15 16:45:49 BST 2008

On Monday 15 September 2008 15:31:46 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 15 September 2008, Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> > Again: Nepomuk query service + Nepomuk KIO slave. It is all there and
> > will even be in kdebase soon.
>
> ok, this half answers my question from the other branch in the thread; do
> you have an ETA on these slaves? and does the ioslave return the usual
> information on files returned or is there additional information that it
> returns for each file?

once the queryservice is in kdebase (currently in kdereview) I will move the
kio slave to kdereview. We can do that even this week.

As for the info: so far you only get normal file information or actual Nepomuk
resources which are of course not handled by KDE apps yet.

As for additional information: I think here we enter the world of
non-folder-hierarchy based opening which I thought about pretty often. But
this is something for the near future. I think for now the kio slave is
perfect in this situation.

"Why was it found" - Sadly not implemented yet. Sorry.

Cheers,
Sebastian