File dialog layout

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Sep 12 14:50:02 BST 2008

On Friday 12 September 2008, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2008 05:52:26 Andre Gemünd wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Alexander Dymo <dymo at ukrpost.ua> wrote:
> > > This does mean
> > > that there's much less space left for the useful information (like the
> > > list of
> > > files). Why don't we put the breadcrumbs back to the toolbar?
> >
> > I think its meant for a search widget once its feasible.

i actully added the search widget yesterday, at least on the file dialog side.
now i need to hook it up to .. nepomuk? i haven't decided exactly how to
handle that part of it, but once it's actually working i'll commit that bit
too.

it looks less "open spacey" with the search edit there for sure...

> Also, I think there were grid alignment issues (it couldnt be aligned in a
> separate way in a single toolbar) when we discussed it as a design option.

yes.

btw, Raphael and I did a bunch of work yesterday on the file dialog. some
interaction bugs were fixed and the code is a lot cleaner (though still not
perfect) compared to where it was earlier in the week. please let us know if
you run into regressions; what we did should be safe enough, but you know what
they say about famous last words ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se