Change release schedule 4.2 and schedule for 4.3

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Sep 11 18:04:37 BST 2008

A Dijous 11 Setembre 2008, Aaron J. Seigo va escriure:
> On Wednesday 10 September 2008, Michael Pyne wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 September 2008, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > > On Wednesday 10 September 2008 02:35:53 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> > > There is no way we can force developers to do anything. But we can try
> > > to make it easy and rewarding to do so.
> >
> > I am pretty much super-late to this discussion but I think this is one of
> > the points to the summer-in-trunk proposal:
> >
> > If releases are to come from a "winter" branch then you must not only
> > work

> > we do to improve quality, and of those processes, which are practical to
> > implement without squelching development?
>
> i agree with pretty much everything you say here, Michael =)
>
> > In that regard I like the season-themed branches idea although I would
> > like to see the details fleshed out on how we handle merging code from
> > spring -> summer -> autumn -> winter branches.
>
> this may be different from project to project, but here's how we would
> handle it in plasma, based on what we already do now:
>
> Primary Development
>
> Spring -> Summer happens using the usual review and approval system; people
> such as myself, Sebas, Marco, Chani, $OTHER_CENTRAL_PLASMA_DEVS tend to do
> the bulk of approvals and merges. nobody outside of the core team needs to
> worry about Spring branches unless they really care to.

Sorry to hijack the thread at this mail, i've not been following much but
this "core people" approval sentence just made my radar ring.

Are we going to loose the capacity of committing everywhere? If so i'm totally
against that kind of change.

Albert