Change release schedule 4.2 and schedule for 4.3

Thiago Macieira thiago at
Mon Sep 8 19:48:47 BST 2008

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>KDE 4.2 with Qt 4.5 really ought to be enough in this case.

Just one comment here: if this is an option on the table, I'd suggest 
instead postponing KDE 4.2 until mid-February. And the Qt release manager 
can always be reached on the email releasemanager at TT. (That's me right 
now, but I won't be RM forever)

While we do have a release date for Qt 4.5 in our internal plans, we may 
not release on that exact date. Until we're fully satisfied it's a good 
release, we will hold it and we'll keep fixing the issues found.

We did that for Qt 4.4, which delayed the RC1 release by about two weeks, 
but in the end it proved to be one of the best releases ever.

  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) - thiago (AT)
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <>

More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list