Change release schedule 4.2 and schedule for 4.3

Sebastian K├╝gler sebas at kde.org
Mon Sep 8 15:10:00 BST 2008


On Monday 08 September 2008 15:36:08 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > So in short, the input data leading to the 6 months cycle decision hasn't
> > changed. In theory our conclusion would still be the same. In the future,
> > with a new development model, we could have our cake and eat it, too.
>
> Agreed.
>
> That means we need Git sooner rather than later.

Yes. Approximately yesterday, if you ask me.

> (I don't want any replies about other DVCS if it isn't to say "I am going
> to try a conversion by the end of this month")

Yes, either then, or ~6 months later (switching VCS right before or after a 
release is not smart to do). March / April 2009 sounds more realistic to me, 
given the significance of this transition and the amount of preparation 
needed. That does mean that we should commit to such a change at some point, 
and up until now, I've not seen a lot of pushback to the idea (git, then 
"summer in trunk").
-- 
sebas

 http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9 

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 481 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-core-devel/attachments/20080908/d2cd4993/attachment.sig>


More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list