Krazy Check for Missing toolTips and whatsThis

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Sep 8 12:16:43 BST 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008 00:59:28 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Sunday 07 September 2008 11:00:22 Parker Coates wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 16:43, Allen Winter wrote:
>
> I don't know if QLabels should be checked either.
> Any usability folks out there wish to comment?  Should QLabels have
> tooltips/whatthis?
I think they shouldn't as QLabels usually are associated with another widget
which will have the tooltip (I am not a usability folk though).
> > - The checker complains that widgets controlled by KConfigXT (named
> > "kcfg_*") are lacking tooltips and whatsthis text. Since these widgets
> > pull the tooltips and whatsthis text from the .kfcg, they're not set
> > explicitly in the C++ source. I would recommend disabling the check
> > for variables starting with "kcfg_".
"Since these widgets pull the tooltips and whatsthis text from the .kfcg"
Is that so? I thought not, please check that info.
As far as I know Tooltips and QWhatsThis are pulled from .ui files or directly
from code but not from .kcfg files.
Keep the check if I am true. Clarify if I am wrong.
> I can do that, sure.

Anne-Marie (welcoming this check!)