[ANNOUNCE] kdedoxyqt.sh - generates APIDOX for Qt assistant

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Oct 30 23:16:27 GMT 2008

On Thursday 30 October 2008 7:04:39 pm Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi Allen,
>
> On Sunday 26 October 2008 01:33:57 Allen Winter wrote:
> > I just put a new program called kdedoxyqt.sh into kdesdk/scripts.
> >
> > kdedoxyqt.sh uses doxygen v1.5.7 an qthelpgenerator to build
> > APIDOX pages suitable for viewing in Qt assistant.
> >
> > To use:
> >  % cd kdelibs
> >  % /path/to/kdesk/scripts/kdedoxyqt.sh
> >  [wait]
> >
> > You should now have a file called apidocs/qch/KDE-4.2.qch
> > Copy KDE-4.2.qch someplace for safe keeping.
> >
> > Now, start assistant.  Go into Edit->Preferences->Documentation
> > and add the safe copy of KDE-4.2.qch into the db.
> >
> > That should be it.
> > Eventually, I plan to make .qch files available for downloading from
> > the api.kde.org site. But that will have to wait a bit.
>
> Running it on kdelibs worked fine. Awesome to have that also in assistant,
> making it pretty much a one-stop-shop-for-apidoc. :)
>
> I've tried running it on kdebase/workspace/libs, which I also use quite often.
> There, the script stopped with
>
> Running qhelpgenerator...
> Error in line 432: Opening and ending tag mismatch.
> Error: failed to run qhelpgenerator on index.qhp
>
> Any clue about this?

That happens for me too, depending on where in the codebase I test.
The problem is not with my script though.

I'm pretty sure the xml  generated by doxygen is bad in some cases.
And then qhelpgenerator barfs on it.

I took a look at this problem a few days ago and found a missing end-tag in the xml.

No, I haven't reported the bug to doxygen yet because I want to provide them
with more details: something more specific than "your xml is buggy".
Although... I think a Troll may have written this code for the doxygen project...

Anyway, that's all the info I have on this issue at the moment.

-ALlen