RFC: moving libplasma to kdelibs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Oct 20 20:29:29 BST 2008

hi all ..

since more and more apps are using libplasma, the Plasma team would like to
move libplasma into kdelibs.

we have not done so up until this point due to API uncertainties that led to
us knowing we could not keep binary compatibility between releases. those
times appear to be behind us and we are in a place where we can commit to
binary compatibility, as per the kdelibs policy.

we have one final round of API review happening right now which will be finished
on or before Oct 31 (halloween!). unless there are objections (and if there
are, please explain them so we can address them if possible), we would like to
move libplasma into kdelibs on Nov 1.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se