Session manager kcm - some options outdated?

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 09:17:36 BST 2008

On Thursday 16 October 2008 10:42:47 Gary Greene wrote:
> If you can find a way to detect if the user is using another launcher that
> supports the features, leave it in and then if the feature isn't supported
> by the given menu being used, hide them. This allows people that like the
> "classic" menu to have the behaviour they are used to work, while not
> causing confusion for kickoff users.
I'm not sure this is implementable.
Launchers are wrapped by plasma applets nowadays, so the user can have both kickoff
and old-style kmenu applets sitting in the panel.
I don't know what to do in this situation :)

I guess I'll just contact kickoff maintainer and chat about putting "Save Session" in
some kickoff tab.
And then I'll try to make shutdown/logout/etc dialog highlight an action selected in
session management kcm when this dialog is invoked in Ctrl-Alt-Del mode (when it
invoked from kickoff it already has some action highlighted).

Does this sound ok? :)

Cheers,
Dmitry.