Session manager kcm - some options outdated?

Gary Greene greeneg at tolharadys.net
Thu Oct 16 07:42:47 BST 2008

On Wednesday 15 October 2008 05:17:42 am Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 October 2008 16:11:11 Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > > But kickoff has no such functionality atm.
> >
> >  It never has, the functionality is in ksmserver and nothing has changed
> > there for KDE4 (one can still e.g. use D-Bus for it). Kickoff needs to
> > get the menu entry for it.
>
> <snip>
>
> >  This is the same, the functionality is in ksmserver, but it seems
> > Kickoff always explicitly selects which shutdown action should be done,
> > so the default is never used. If this is not to be changed in Kickoff,
> > then I think the groupbox in the kcm should be hidden.
>
> Ok, so what needed in both cases is decision.
> Who should make it? :)
>
> Cheers,
> Dmitry.

If you can find a way to detect if the user is using another launcher that
supports the features, leave it in and then if the feature isn't supported by
the given menu being used, hide them. This allows people that like
the "classic" menu to have the behaviour they are used to work, while not
causing confusion for kickoff users.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: peorth