problems compiling kdelibs

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 04:02:47 BST 2008

(Moving to kde-core-devel as I think that's where this belongs)

Jason Stubbs wrote:
> Edwin Schepers wrote:
>> /install/kde4/kdelibs/kio/kio/dummyanalyzers/dummyanalyzers.cpp:44:
>> error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual char
>> DummyEndAnalyzer::analyze(Strigi::AnalysisResult&, Strigi::InputStream*)’
>>
>> /opt/kde4/include/strigi/streamendanalyzer.h:37: error: overriding
>> ‘virtual signed char
>> Strigi::StreamEndAnalyzer::analyze(Strigi::AnalysisResult&,
>> Strigi::InputStream*)’
>
> I had a similar problem, found a work around and then forgot all about
> it. Strigi is detected in two ways. First is via pkgconfig, the result
> of which is only used for the version check. Second is some other method
> (which I don't recall right now) which is then used for path
> assignments. On my system, pkgconfig was finding the locally compiled
> version whereas the second method was finding the distro-installed
> binaries. I worked around it by setting all three vars below.
>
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> export CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=$KDEDIR/include
> export CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib
>
> Not sure if you are having the same issue. Perhaps somebody that
> understands cmake will see this and know what the correct fix is.

Hmm.. After killing my build dir, this no longer works for me. It's
finding my system-provided strigi again:

/home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/dummyanalyzers/dummyanalyzers.cpp:44:
error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual signed char
DummyEndAnalyzer::analyze(Strigi::AnalysisResult&,
Strigi::InputStream*)’

/usr/include/strigi/streamendanalyzer.h:37: error:   overriding ‘virtual

--
Jason Stubbs