Trunk build problems

Hasso Tepper hasso at kde.org
Sat Oct 11 09:15:55 BST 2008

Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Friday 10 October 2008 13:05:58 Hasso Tepper wrote:
> > After long pause I'm trying to build KDE4 in DragonFly platform
> > again. As I'm not feeling myself home yet in cmake, I'll ask before
> > committing.
>
> Are you working off the FreeBSD ports and patches (in area51 before
> they get into ports main) or is it based directly on KDE SVN trunk?

It's a KDE SVN trunk.

> > CMake Error at phonon/cmake/FindGLIB2.cmake:28
> > (get_filename_component): get_filename_component unknown component
> > intl
>
> My first guess, not necessarily accurate, is too-old CMake version not
> checked in phonon's cmakelists.

Cmake is 2.6.1, it shouln't be too old ;). It is this commit -
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=121932798303515&w=2

My first guess was too agressive developer ;) - it just doesn't make sense
to call get_filename_component() on this:

$ pkg-config --libs glib-2.0
-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib -lglib-2.0 -lintl

But my second guess is that this get_filename_component() should be just
removed, I don't see the result used anywhere.

> > * libdl.so doesn't exist in every platform (only in Linux and
> > Solaris?), but it is used unconditionally in some places in the
> > kdebase. The
>
> Shouldn't be used unconditionally. Since FreeBSD 6 & 7 are supported
> platforms and they don't have libdl.so either, this is already fixed
> *somewhere*.

Yes, I actually copied it from *somewhere* :).

> > * workspace/kwin/composite.cpp doesn't compile if HAVE_XCOMPOSITE
> > isn't defined. Again "why?" is a topic of local investigation, but it
> > should be fixed regardless of that:
>
> There are, or were, several cases of that. HAVE_XCOMPOSITE and
> HAVE_XRENDER are independent , but not always checked together. I
> thought I had pushed all my changes on that front; I'd have to check my
> patch queues.

K.

--
Hasso Tepper