Making kio_http more accessible to RESTful clients

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 17:08:04 BST 2008

Am Sonntag 05 Oktober 2008 18:49:52 schrieb Josef Spillner:

> For KDE 5, my wishlist includes splitting the WebDAV code from the HTTP
> code, to make the class more maintainable and more useful for other
> HTTP-based protocols. [...]
There is a lot of similarity, and honestly, the internal complexity of the
HTTP protocol implementation alone much worse than the added complexity of
WebDAV which actually *is* an extension of HTTP. I don't see much benefit in
splitting them now that the code is written.

If there are any volunteers - factoring out the disk caching code and the
authentication code each into a class of their own should help. After that
the rest should be easier as well. Smaller, more specialized data structures
would help too.