Nepomuk semantic info backend in Gwenview

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau-GANU6spQydw at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 27 08:12:02 GMT 2008

Hello,

I just changed Gwenview CMake files to build with Nepomuk support by
default. You can still build without Nepomuk support, but to do so you
need to pass the -DGWENVIEW_SEMANTICINFO_BACKEND=None option to CMake.

I hope it was not too late in 4.2 release process to do so.

I believe Nepomuk integration in Gwenview is now usable and brings many
advantages to the user. It is now possible to tag, rate and comment
images. Thanks to the (very simple for now) integration with
nepomuksearch:/ ioslave, it is also possible to list images by tag.

My intention in enabling this is also to give more exposure to Nepomuk
through Gwenview. I hope it will help to get Nepomuk more mature for
everyone.

Aurélien