fish kioslave windows patch

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 27 08:22:36 GMT 2008

On 27.11.08 00:09:53, Carlo wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > A Dimecres 26 Novembre 2008, Carlo va escriure:
> >> like for the sftp kioslave, I've made a patch to port fish to windows
> >> too so if someone could test it on other platforms to check that I
> >> haven't broken anything
> >
> > There's a bit too much ifdefing there to my liking, is there a possibility of
> > trying to reduce it?
>
> I don't think so, since pty doesn't exist on windows but it's needed
> for ssh on other platforms

Well, you could extract the "common code" and put the platform-specific one
into sperate files (I haven't looked at this particular piece ever). That
makes things a lot cleaner and easier to maintain in the long run, but of
course is also more work upfront.

Andreas

--
Everything that you know is wrong, but you can be straightened out.