Code transitions - Theme transitions

Andrew Dorrell andrew.dorrell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:45:03 GMT 2008

Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Its name is KGlobalSettings::graphicEffectsLevel(). If the style developer
> asks to this method (which its content will be set by the user hopefully [If I
> make it for 4.2 on the style kcm] in 4.2) and acts in consequence we can have
> a real polite style that will obey the user main preferences.

Doesn't this require a lot more of the style developer?  They have to
manage not just the style they want to implement but also various
sub-sets of it?

I can imagine some style developers will want to focus on a "light" (or
simple) experience while others will want to use many effects.  Turning
off effects may make a heavy/complex style usable but will not deliver
the user experience intended by the style developer...

Just a thought