Code transitions - Theme transitions

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue Nov 18 12:09:27 GMT 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008 22:07:58 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> visual FX are part of the look, the look is up to the style and it should
> thus somehow be taken into account regarding the outcome (currently
> KFadeWidgetEffect "only" crossfades, but bespin e.g. provides sliding or
> scanline fading what might fit a style's general laf much better)

Just my thought on this topic:
I agree that visual effects are part of the look. But they are also a means of
increasing visual feedback to the user on an action taken by the user. The
added eye-candy is only part of the outcome, the more important part, to me at
least, is that the user gets a clearer indication of what happened after he
clicked somewhere.

If you manage to make application requested visual effects "themeable" by the
style that might be the solution to both aspects of visual FX.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/