kdereview exemption for PolicyKit-KDE

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Nov 16 23:07:24 GMT 2008

On Sunday 16 November 2008, Tom Albers wrote:
> We have a two week review period, not two or three days. I don't see why an
> exemption should be made for you and not for others.

quite simply: to avoid having a gnome runtime dependency for use of policykit.

yes, we could move that off to distributions to fix, but that screws our from-
source users and continues this rediculous "let the distros fix things we
can't, even though we really ought to be able to" pattern of behaviour we tend
to exhibit at times.

while i completely understand the release team's desire to stick to the plan
for the health and benefit fo the project, i'd like to see us not become so
bound to a set of rules we make for ourselves that we end up shooting
ourselves in the foot just to "obey the rules".

in this case, allowing people to use policykit without having to install gnome
seems like a good thing.

i'm about to go take a look at this code in question and i'll report back in a
bit. something that it doesn't seem anyone else in this thread has actually
done yet?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se