bug resolution states

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Nov 15 22:22:12 GMT 2008

On Friday 14 November 2008, Jordi Polo wrote:
> I wonder if it would be a good idea to add a new bug resolution
> state: NEEDSCHECK
> Meaning
>
> I can not reproduce the bug but checking the code I solved an obvious
> problem that surely have solved the bug also but as I could not
> reproduce the bug I can not tell for sure either.
>

> It is basically a call for the people that is bitten by the bug to
> update sources/packages and try again.

Just mark the bug as FIXED. If it isn't fixed then the person who
experienced the bug will reopen it. If she do not reopen it, then your
change (or some other change somebody else made) probably fixed the
bug. I do not see the need for yet another bug resolution state. Let's
not make it more complicated than it already is for our users.

Regards,
Ingo