bug resolution states

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 14 17:58:25 GMT 2008

Jordi Polo wrote:
> I wonder if it would be a good idea to add a new bug resolution state:
> NEEDSCHECK
> Meaning
>
> I can not reproduce the bug but checking the code I solved an obvious
> problem that surely have solved the bug also but as I could not reproduce
> the bug I can not tell for sure either.
>

> It is basically a call for the people that is bitten by the bug to update
> sources/packages and try again.
>
> BTW, I don't know what LATER and REMIND stands for. The bugzilla explanation
> page[1] should be updated with what we are really using
> Maybe REMIND is just the above mentioned meaning?

Actually, I think it is. I usually see REMIND used for "cannot
reproduce, need more information" when the reporter hasn't replied for
some time. In other words, it's like "WORKSFORME" (in the "can't
reproduce" sense) with the added notation that the reporter should take
some action (usually re-open, though in this case it would be "close
conclusively") if further information becomes available.

--
Matthew
Person A: It's an ISO standard.