cmake 2.6.2 now required - changes in handling shared libs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Nov 12 21:44:22 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 11 November 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 11.11.08 01:00:50, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > # No changes so far, but the next line is new.
> > # It specifies to which libraries other targets will be linked which
> > # link to libkfoo. By default these are all libraries kfoo links against,
> > # which can lead to some unnecessary dependencies, slower startup, etc.
> > # So we now specifiy which "link interface" the library kfoo has, ZLIB
> > # is used only internally, so users of kfoo don't have to link against
> > it:
>
> So whats the plan with trunk/KDE now, who is supposed to check all the
> modules

I did kdelibs and will check kdepimlibs soon. I think these two modules should
be most important ones, the other modules have less libraries, so the issue
is somewhat smaller there.

> and adjust the link-interface if needed?

I think Dirk did already most of the required work, it "just" has to be
adapted and enabled now.
He added the target property LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES more or less everywhere
AFAIK. This has to be changed from the target property to the modified
target_link_libraries( ...  LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES ... ) command.

If somebody else feels like doing this, I'm happy :-)

Alex