Fixing i18n + global shortcuts

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Sat May 31 15:14:56 BST 2008

Am Montag, 3. März 2008 schrieb Andreas Hartmetz:
> Hi all!
>
> I've been hacking on this on and off for some time and it's quite close to
> ready so I want to make it known to avoid having to repeat answers to
> questions on IRC.
> This is also a request for comments but I don't expect many if at all :)
> The idea is that actions with global shortcuts will internally have "friendly"
> names which might [should] be translated and unique names like those used in
> KActionCollection::addAction(). The objectName() will be used for that
> purpose, similar to KActionCollection().
> Other notable changes are:
> -KAction::globalShortcutAllowed() will be deprecated and replaced with
> globalShortcutEnabled() according to the patch.
> -somewhat better documentation
> -default shortcuts will be saved too to facilitate the work of the global
> shortcuts KCM (there is and should be no other user I know of).
> -for the time being, there will be no way to "forget" an action. I would like
> to add explicit API to do this instead of doing it using magic parameter
> values [i.e. KShortcut(), NoAutoloading] to KAction::setGlobalShortcut().
>
> There is still room for improvement but overall the new code should be better
> than the old already. Please see the attachment for the largish patch.

So what is going on now? As far as I see global shortcuts are now completely broken.

- If I use "setGlobalShortcutAllowed(true)", I receive a "deprecated" warning, and global shortcuts aren't activated any more.
- If I use "enableGlobalShortcut()", I receive an error (‘class KAction’ has no member named ‘enableGlobalShortcut').

What now?

  Christian

--
Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
  - Albert Einstein