Width of find/replace dialog in KWrite/Kate

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu May 29 22:37:32 BST 2008

> [: Stefan Monov :]
> [...] I have kate maximized almost always, and I'm annoyed even by the
> current height of the S/R bar.

Well, now we have an issue :)

I also found out that the incremental search bar suddenly widdens the window
when a status text kicks in ("End reached, continuing...", etc.) And so,
after the find/replace bar is "fixed", I planned to propose almost doubling
the height of the simple (incremental) search bar, such that the status text
is shown below the input field. In KWrite, which unlike Kate shrinks the bar
to whatever the window width, here is what happens with Greek in a narrower
window:

  http://caslav.gmxhome.de/image/kde4-searchbarincremental-01-el.png

But, if some people prefer wide editor windows and low search bars, and
other narrow editor windows and (by necessity) high search bars, what shall
we do?

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)