VLC and MPlayer Phonon backends on KDE repo

Tanguy Krotoff tkrotoff at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:49:36 BST 2008

Hello everybody

As probably some of you already know, I've coded VLC & MPlayer
backends for Phonon at http://code.google.com/p/phonon-vlc-mplayer/

I've been in contact with Matthias Kretz the maintainer of Phonon. He
suggests me sometimes ago (with other people on the net) to push it on
KDE repo + to get an SVN account.

Unfortunately I cannot get in touch with Matthias, I guess he is in
vacation or something.
I have some patches for Phonon that need to be reviewed (and break
binary compatibility).

Here is the copy of the mail that I've sent to Matthias: